Tuesday, December 13, 2011

2 days to go!

You guys, in 2 days, we'll be on our way! At this time on Thursday, we will be at LAX, waiting for our flight! The closer it gets, the more excited we get, to the point where it's difficult for me to talk about anything else. I feel like I don't have anything new to say, but I figured I'd update you all on our progress. :)

At this point, we're almost totally packed, except for things that aren't possible to pack ahead of time, like my hairbrush. We've got a huge backpack each, and I'm probably taking a small purse as well, and we're filled to the brim. Once we get there, I think we're gonna buy a duffel or something like that to keep souvenirs in. We just can't bring one now because we don't want to check any bags on the way there, and at this point, not even an empty duffel can fit in our bags.

Of course, as we're doing the packing, last-minute things are popping up. Today, I decided that I really wanted my Nintendo DS to come with me, except it turns out that either the battery or the charger is dead, and it's not possibly to tell which. Of course, the solution to this is to get them both and have them shipped to Cin's house using the cheap one day shipping that comes with Amazon Prime. We are geeks. :)

Among other tasks, we had to call banks and make sure our cards still work when we buy things in far away places. One card had a totally automated process, another was pretty straightforward...but when I called the third, I got a clearly bored guy who then attempted to flirt with me. Over the phone. As I tried to get him to put a travel alert on my account and just move on with my evening. Sigh. It was funny, and he even gave me a pizza place rec in Tucson, but I really kinda want those 10 minutes of my life back.

We've got a kitty caretaker lined up (thank you, Heather!), driving plans for Thursday more or less set (we're gonna leave between 8:30 and 9 so as to get to LA with plenty of time for dinner), the mail put on hold, and most of the details taken care of. Now we just have to get through one more work day, and try to get some sleep, and then off we go! Weeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment